Thursday, September 30, 2010

It Started With a Text

Its interesting to look back upon the occurrence of events throughout a day that can lead up to a certain photograph taken. Such as these that I'm about to share. It all started this afternoon with a text message from my mom. Which coincidentally lead me to photographing this, what I like to call an 'intriguingly disgusting fungus'.
I didn't plan out my day following the text message with the intentions of photographing the very same mushroom that was sent to me via text message, however as my day dragged on I decided that I needed a mental break from school, from photographing assignments and from the apartment. So I called mom to see if she was still at Grandma's and headed out for a little country air (having completely forgotten about the mushroom of unusually colossal size for growing off of a tree). When upon arrival mom mentioned that I go and photograph the shelf of a mushroom.
Hence these photographs:




Its not every day that you see a mushroom that you could rest a glass upon.