Saturday, February 25, 2012

Forgotten?

This is one of my favorite places to photograph. I have been here several times over the last 5 years, and I enjoy the surprises that the different seasons unfold. Abandoned places like these are like a glimpse into the past. They are the skeletal remains of a chapter in someone's life.

This place always makes me wonder, 'Why did they they abandon this residence? And why did they leave so much behind?', 'What was daily life like when the house was filled with conversation?', 'Did children play in these woods?'

I was looking through several of the photos that I've taken and here are a few of my favorites. The place only continues to fall apart, and one day there will be nothing left standing. I still remember the place before any of its innards revealed to the outside. Back then I would have never guessed that there was a chair still seated by the window, as though it was waiting for its owner to lounge in it once again, while enjoying the sunlight rays pass through the window panes.

What was the story of this house? Who built it? The unanswered questions will soon be forgotten when that which remains turns to complete ruins.










No comments: