Saturday, July 20, 2013

Contemporary Fine Art Portfolio

I know this portfolio has been due for a while. I spent some of the summer finishing it up, and have slowly been working on final touches (in between a number of other non-photography summer projects).

I thought that being it has already aired on my see.me/ profile, it ought to have a little acknowledgment on its own.

To summarize the concept behind the series, I wanted to pull still life, and the idea of movement together. Adding a contemporary flare of color, to a more traditional/formal image of a flower, by overlaying blurred night scenes from behind the dash of the vehicle. I wanted to take the images a step beyond the beauty achieved through the compositional visual aesthetic, and technically sound image, to a piece that challenges the idea of what one would normally expect.




















No comments: